BioImage Analyst @ EPFL
BIOP: BioImaging & Optics Platform lead by Arne Seitz
Romain has been working at the BIOP since 2011 after a Ph.D. in Biology. He is responsible, along with Olivier Burri and Nicolas Chiaruttini, for the advice and follow up of student projects involving microscopy and quantification within the faculty of Life Sciences at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. His expertise with in vitro cell culture and imaging is also beneficial to help users with their staining strategies and experiments optimization.
Background: Bioengineering, Ph.D. Immunology & Cancer (3D cell migration , organoid , cell-cytoskeleton)
- Discovering new tools, using Deep Learning approaches to solve BIAs problem.
- Teaching BioImage Analysis at BIOP and NEUBIAS
- Creating meaningful documentation for biologist, microscope users and BIAs C4Science
- Preaching for reproducible workflow (Zenodo & ImageJ.JS)
Areas of expertise:
- BioSample Preparation : in vitro cell, organoid, time-lapse, fixation, staining strategies, actin, mitochondria, fluorescent protein expression
- BioImage Acquisition : Widefield, Confocal, Whole Slide Imaging, Super-resolution (SIM, STORM, STED), FRET, FRAP, FLIM
- BioImage Analysis: Co-localization analysis,Deconvolution, Time-lapse , Whole Slide Imaging
Favorite BIA tools: Fiji, ilastik, QuPath, Imaris, CellProfiler, OMERO, KNIME, ZENODO
- Human: French, English, (Spanish, Arabic)
- Program: ImageJMacro, Groovy, Java, Python (Matlab, R)